Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008! Next: [GZG] [SG2] Momentum

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008!

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:50:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008!

GGGAAAHHHH!!!

But I just put my order in! Next you're going to say you'll be releasing
the Paladin next. Which you better!

Just put me down for a platoon of each. *sigh*

Jaime

On Sun, February 3, 2008 9:23 am, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> Hi all, and hope everyone is having a good 2008 so far!  :-)
>
> Now that January is out of the way and the first shows of the year
> are rapidly approaching, we're getting back to some new releases
> again..... and since the 15mm range got a bit sidelined by the load
> of new FT ships before Xmas, we're happy to announce that the first
> new item of this year is the long-awaited PHALANX II HEAVY WHEELED
> APC in 15mm scale.
>
> We're calling this the "Phalanx II" because we've done the same thing
> with it as we did with the Wombat II HAPC - the new 15mm version is
> very similar to the original 25mm resin one, but is not an exact
> scale-down; while the overall shape and general arrangement are the
> same, there are some detail changes.
> The assembled model measures approx. 83mm long, 44mm wide across
> wheels ( maximum hull width at turret mounts is 40mm) and stands 27mm
> high to hull top, 30mm over turrets.
>
> The Phalanx II is designed as a heavy APC for the transport of both
> regular and power-armoured infantry (the various entry/exit hatches
> are large enough to permit access by PA troops). It has a six-wheel
> high-mobility suspension that makes it very agile even in bad
> terrain, making it a very effective option in situations where the
> high costs of more advanced tech (eg: grav mobility) are not
> justified. The basic APC variant mounts two small remote turrets for
> anti-personnel and light anti-vehicle defence, the two turret
> hardpoints also being capable of taking other weapon options such as
> anti-vehicle missile mounts and light air defence systems. Various
> other variants of the base vehicle are in service including a mobile
> command post and a number of fire-support and MRL artillery carriers.
>
> This is a hefty model, weighing in at around 200g of metal, and comes
> as a 20-piece kit - six wheels, six wheel backs, three axles, two
> remote turrets, main hull top and bottom and finally the hull top
> plate. Despite the large part count, it goes together very quickly
> and easily - the one I've just assembled for display and photos took
> me less than 20 minutes including clean-up time - and all parts
> (especially the suspension) are designed to be as strong as possible
> to stand up to in-game handling even if the finished vehicle is not
> based. If you DO decide to base it, which is often a good idea
> especially with wheeled models, the wheelbase will fit very nicely
> onto one of the plastic 50x65mm bases which are readily available
> from a well-known manufacturer of WW2 miniatures.
>
> Price is £9.00 each, or a platoon box of 3 vehicles for £25.00 with
> FREE accessories and extra options. For our US customers, at current
> exchange rates and with the VAT deduction, this works out at around
> US$15.00 each or US$42.00 for the 3-vehicle pack.
>
> The model is now in production and we will have a limited stock of
> them at HAMMERHEAD at Newark next Sunday (10th Feb), and then at
> [...]

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't
remember
if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.
    George Burns

Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008! Next: [GZG] [SG2] Momentum