Prev: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback Next: [GZG] Questions for the listmind

Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:33:04 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback

DOCAgren wrote:

>Sorry Oerjan, that I happened to be wrong for taking the concept
looking
>at it and then for asking a question about the idea,  I won't make that

>mistake again here.
>I will admit looked at the UN antimatter Torp as a simplied NOVA SALVO
(or
>Antimatter Salvo missile as WOW1) missile, the reasoning the size came
>down was lack of range, and the lack of a secondary "fuel" for
movement.
>That also limited the warhead to 3 bands that are knocked down by PDS
hits
>on 6 only which was how I took the reading of the WOW discussion to
have
>worked.

Two different versions of the anti-matter SM here: the range bands came
from Stray Cat's original concept which didn't define how it interacted
with PDS, the "PDS hits on 6 only" from the final "effect identical to
level-2 Plasma Bolt" version which didn't have range bands.

>So then let me ask, why this Weapon was then given only 18mu range only

>(well with 3mu in burst).

No, 24mu plus burst (or 21 mu plus burst in Vector). The reason why it
only
gets a single primary move is that it was based on the Misericorde
version
of the Heavy Missile, which gets one single 18mu move and 3 dice of
damage
on one single target... but unlike the Misericorde, the AMT also gets a
6mu
secondary move (3mu in Vector) making it MUCH more likely to be on
target.

>I do have 1 follow up question.  If U fire 2 or more of these AMT at
the
>same target or end up near same traget also being hit by normal
>missiles.  Does the burst of 1 AMT kill the other Missiles and Torps.

Only if their counters are within the AMT's area of effect. (With the
FB2
rules you don't move missile counters to touch their targets, only turn
them to face the right direction, so it is quite possible for a ship to
be
hit by both AMTs and other missiles in the same turn.)

Regards,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback Next: [GZG] Questions for the listmind