Prev: Re: [GZG] Newbie Next: Fw: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons

Re: [GZG] Newbie

From: "Roger Books" <roger.books@g...>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 07:52:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Newbie

Welcome,

So which games are you interested in?  Full Thrust is good for
small-large
spaceship fleets.  Dirtside is tank combat, usually 6mm.  Both are very
good,
however, IMNSHO Stargrunt is the best squad level game I've ever
played.  The mechanics are elegant and keep both players involved.

All can be played with counters but are more appealing with
miniatures.  those miniatures can be micromachines or the star wars
storm troopers and rebels from the toy store  or they can be the
excellent GZG or other on-line producers lines of minis.

One of the debates around here is the One True Scale(TM).  It's not
heated as everyone realizes it's completely personal preference.  As
you seem to be starting from scratch I'd recommend 15mm unless you
have a local group who already has minis, then use whatever scale they
use.

You may find you enjoy painting minis as much as playing.  If so you
can ignore the following.

An old Napoleonics player once told me "Paint your first army.	After
that pay someone to paint them."

Roger