Prev: Re: [GZG] Newbie Next: Re: [GZG] Newbie

Re: [GZG] Newbie

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 11:02:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Newbie

Ground Zero Games wrote:
> Echoing the other posters, welcome James!
Well, that's about as [OFFICIAL] as a welcome can get around here :-D ,
so you may now consider yourself welcomed -- but I'll add my voice to
the off-key chorus: glad to have you here. There's always room for one
more inmat-- er, member. ;-)
> As others have said, the list is active in fits and starts, but the
> listers are a very friendly bunch and flame wars are very rare (and
> usually quickly extinguished on the rare occasions they do happen)....

I think it's the equivalent of artllery counter-battery fire, but it
works.
> if you want to know anything there is usually someone who can answer,
> we have a lot of folks here who are current or ex-military and know
> what they are talking about, and at least a couple in the armaments or

> armament-related tech industries. If someone makes a point very
> strongly, chances are they have the knowledge to back it up, which in
> my experience is quite rare on many forums!!	<G>
Yes, it's usually Vehemence is inversely proportional to Knowledge, but
not here. We have people here who have walked the walk as well as being
able to talk the talk.
> Pleased to hear you're getting into the games, and hope you have fun
> with them; looking forward to your postings.
>
> Jon (GZG)
>
> PS: don't worry about the obsessions with sheep that certain listers
> have, it's quite harmless really.......  ;-)
But the sheep aren't... especially when mixed with cheese. :-P

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] Newbie Next: Re: [GZG] Newbie