Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Sail Rules Next: Re: [GZG] Full Sail Rules

Re: [GZG] Full Sail Rules

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 23:38:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Sail Rules

Allan Goodall wrote:
> I've tried a number of options to get the damage at least
> semi-realistic. The way you've done cannons gives me an idea. Linear
> beam damage from FT isn't realistic for naval guns. I like the idea of
> fixed range bands and a variable number of dice per range band per gun
> size. That's the part I'm missing from the game. It shouldn't take
> long to retrofit that into my rules and release a playtest version.

Like all good ideas, I stole it from somewhere else.  (8-)  In this
case,
Renegade Legion: Leviathan which had tables that represented energy
weapon
attenuation over distance.  Which I'm sure, stole it from some other
ruleset.
(8-)

To me, it's always been a simple way to add tactical flexibility,
without
adding complicated rules, and would work as a generic mechanic: weapons
are
rated by range and damage, both being determined semi-arbitrarily by the
designer. Works great for generic designs: 6/0/0/0 are your close range
plasma
cutters and 2/2/2/2 represents your long range sniping laser -- but I'll
be
damned if I know how to points balance it well.  (Which is one of the
reasons
why there's no ship construction system in the Full Sail rules; that was
one
of the things I was hoping to get to this year, once I figured out how
rate cannon.)

JGH
--
Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"Wake me, let me see the daylight, save me from this half-life;

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Sail Rules Next: Re: [GZG] Full Sail Rules