Prev: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles Next: [GZG] Announcement: Full Thrust Event on 4/22/07 1pm Denver, CO

Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles

From: "david" <david@s...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:44:27 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles

Thanks for the comments and sugesstions.

This weekend we're playing straight FT2.5 (FB+online lists) rules. Later
we might try the proposed new fighter/missle rules, but not this time.
I'll let you know how it goes anyway.

So far my fleet is small enough I'm not going to be dumping 50 missles
at one time. But I do know to launch as many as I can in one punch to
try to overwhelm the defenses. I also planned to launch at 2 turn range
(assuming standard-type) so there's a point of endurance left to make a
secondary move to pick out targets. A few weeks ago I managed to put
about 12 salvo-missle salvos onto a corvette, rather than the SDN a
couple of inches behind it. So being able to make a secondary move with
the Heavy Missles sounds like a good thing.

My battleplan is to try to identify if he has any of the super-escort
crusiers, and if so, target that first with beams from the heavy cruiser
and beam frigates, while the missle boats hover out of range. I hope
that a threshold check will put a dent in his PDSs so I can then launch
the issle volley and have a chance of some of them getting in. The Heavy
Crusier is probably going to take a beating, since it will have to close
into the un-softened enemy, but then the description says the Admiralty
has a high risk tolerance with them, so maybe this is why.

Well, it should be interesting, whatever happens.

David Stokes

Prev: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles Next: [GZG] Announcement: Full Thrust Event on 4/22/07 1pm Denver, CO