Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc Next: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:45:17 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

On Thursday 01 March 2007 21:41, Allan Goodall wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se> wrote:
> I see your point. I was just pointing out that there are FT players
> who buy the ships because they look cool, and a lack of SSDs doesn't
> hurt them because they can create their own ship designs using FT.
>
> > >It would be interesting, though, to find out who is buying FT ships
> > >for games other than FT...
> >
> > Starmada players, Power Projection players, B5 Wars players, players
of
> > various other space combat games...
>
> I meant that it would be interesting to have a breakdown in the number
> of players purchasing the ships for games other than FT. I could guess
> which games they were using them with... *S*

Not FT, but most of my recent Stargrunt purchases have been to use
the figures for roleplaying (so, no wargaming rules needed at all),
which is the principal reason for preferring 25mm.

Actually, another RPG campaign I'm working on uses the GZG ship
designs as the basis for the various powers, so I'll probably be
buying some ships of each GZG fleet so players can see what
things look like.

However, I started by buying the rules, and the rules convinced me
it was worth buying the models. If it wasn't for my initial interest
in the rules, I probably wouldn't have bought any models.

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc Next: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc