Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: ecc quotes Next: Re: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1 & 2)

Re: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1 & 2)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:36:39 -0600
Subject: Re: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1 & 2)

On 2/21/07, Roger Books <roger.books@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just my NSHO, but I don't think a SG3 is necessary, just the BDS
supplement.
>  As far as I am concerned the big gap is FMA.  I'm running Snapshot
for that
> scale.

What has been called "SG3" on here is actually called something else
by Jon. It will/could be a scale up from SG2, where you can do full
company to full battalion actions. There _is_ a need for that scale.

That having been said, yes, I would like to see FMAS released. It
still requires some work, but the basics are there. I specifically
joined the playtest list to test FMAS (at the time the only real
version was FMC, a fantasy variant).

On the other hand, I wrote the BDS rules for the Phalons. They've been
available online for about two years. I received three or four
comments from people who playtested them within about six months of
them being pused, but I've heard squat about them since. Now maybe the
Phalons aren't to everyone's cup of tea, but you'd think that if there
was actually a huge demand for BDS more people would have at least
tried out those rules. I think when people say they want "BDS" what
they really want are Kra'Vak rules, which could easily be released
online as a PDF or something. *shrug* With such lacklustre enthusiasm,
I can see why Jon is focusing his attention elsewhere.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: ecc quotes Next: Re: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1 & 2)