Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22 Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22

Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:31:48 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22

JohnA said
>"There's an excellent scene in Blackhawk Down which shows what happens
when snipers get involved in close-range fighting with masses of folks."

Fred said:
>I'd call that an exception to the rule.<snip>
>I wouldn't call what they did a SOP.

John was commenting on a post in which snipers and anti-armor weapons
WERE shown as SOP in close assault. Although I suspect Beth's orginal
post was intended as "the close assault teams should consist of A B and
C and be *supported* by snipers". The snipers should be back away from
the action, not up with the door-kickers.

Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22 Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22