Prev: Re: [GZG] [GZG Fiction] Basic Street Fighting Manual Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22

[GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22

From: Fred Kiesche <godel2escher2bach@y...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:00:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22

Greetings:

"There's an excellent scene in Blackhawk Down which shows what happens
when snipers get involved
in close-range fighting with masses of folks."

I'd call that an exception to the rule. They were trying to buy time for
a close colleague (a
helicopter pilot). They were the only assets around. They knew it was a
possible suicide mission.
I wouldn't call what they did a SOP.

<http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/mohsom.htm>

In a story full of very moving stories, one of the most moving stories
in that tale.

	  Fred Kiesche (FPK3)
  I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of
fools. Let's start with typewriters. (Frank Lloyd Wright)
Over 8,000 postings served! See The Eternal Golden Braid
(http://theeternalgoldenbraid.blogspot.com/ ).

Prev: Re: [GZG] [GZG Fiction] Basic Street Fighting Manual Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22