Prev: RE: [GZG] Tech tree for campaign play [long] [sec=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] On Leave In Hell

[GZG] 6 way tag team.

From: "james mitchell" <tagalong@s...>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:52:58 +1030
Subject: [GZG] 6 way tag team.

Well after 6 months of trying too get my roleplaying group into
fullthrust,
they go and by a fleet each.
So wednesday night we did a 500 pt fleet per person , nice and small as
3 of
the group havent play'ed before{yes I know , they call themself's sci fi

gamer's , the nerve},
we had a good mix of N.S.L, U.N.S.C, Kra Vak,Sa'Vasku, Imperial japanese

spacefleet and Islamic federation, my god what a mix!

The U.N.S.C, ISF and the Sa'Vasku on one side , and the N.S.L, Kra'Vak
and
the IJF on the other.
Scenerio was kill everything,  the Kra vak were targeted by 4 swarms of
Islamic Federation  HR missiles, but the scatter guns proved there
worth,
but none got through, the fire Kravak took from the UNSC graser's was
brutal
25 pt's of damage of 10 dice, ouch !
The beam fire from the Islamic federation at the NSL battleship was a
total
of 2 pt's of damage, the Sa'Vasku fire at the NSL battleship was good
enough
to wipe out all the armour, and all the first row of hull boxes crossed
out,
causeing a system check,.
The return fire from the NSL killed both Sa vasku ships, and the leech
pod
was removed from the hull that turn, aswell.
The IJSF killed a UNSC crusier, and the one Kravak ship brewed up the
last
UNSC ship, cant remember what type though.

So a victory for the NSL,IJF and the Kravak, with the bad guy's trying
breath in Zero G.

We had 2 lists for the IJF and went for the GZG plytest list, we had no
comment on this fleet list, by any of the player's,that is that no one
thought the IJSF ships were to weak or way to overpowered, so to me they

seemed to have performed rather well for game play.

The UNSC did well, after I had to bash the player with a D6 dice bag,
yes he
now know's ,how the graser's are meant to work, {no dice were hurt }

The IF {Islamic Federation }list we choose to use was Laserlight's list
,
and those heavy missiles are nasty.Other than the Missiles, this fleet
didnt
do that much else, due to the player being new to the rules{I think} but
he
did like the feel of the ships and the ship stats, so I think they
worked
well.

Next week we are doing a 750 pt battle, they wanted a 1000pt game but it

would only end in tear's.

So if we have any dummy spit's over the IJSF and IF list's and the way
they
preform then will let you know.

I'm now of to paint kill rings and a Iron cross 1st class on my NSL
battleship hull.

regards james.

Prev: RE: [GZG] Tech tree for campaign play [long] [sec=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] On Leave In Hell