Prev: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT Next: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT

Re: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:48:57 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT

>> Cut all movement in half.
>
>Not sure I understand that; halve the thrust? Add two more breakpoints?

Half thrust.

>> Weapons fire every other turn; do not need an order to fire.
>
>Still at the end of all ship movement for the turn, right?

Yes.

>> Ideally I'd like each ship to be commanded by a different
>> player, with the admiral writing signals at the beginning
>> of the turn but the players not able to read the signal
>> until the end of the turn.
>
>Now this is something I've DREAMT of long before I ever saw FT.
Assuming you don't want eye contact to take the place of real time com,
this takes a lot of folk...

I've done this with our local gaming group using Close Action
(Napoleonic) with up to 18 people, and last year we had the 200th
anniversary of Trafalgar with 56 players.
The commo lag makes quite an interesting challenge for the admiral. It's
very much a case of outlining a plan and then praying that you have good
captains who take initiative when they need to--but *only* when they
need to.

Prev: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT Next: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT