Prev: [GZG] OODA for FT Next: Re: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT

Re: [GZG] OODA for FT

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:34:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT

Chris wrote on 11/09/2006 01:37:56 PM:

> For FT, what might work would be:
>
> Cut all movement in half.

Not sure I understand that; halve the thrust? Add two more breakpoints?

> Weapons fire every other turn; do not need an order to fire.

Still at the end of all ship movement for the turn, right?

> Most captains write orders one turn in advance.
> Particularly hesitant captains write two turns; unusually
> quick captains would write their orders with no delay.

Finally, something I've tried, though only once to give a new player
additional help via my handicap. *ouch*

> Ideally I'd like each ship to be commanded by a different
> player, with the admiral writing signals at the beginning
> of the turn but the players not able to read the signal
> until the end of the turn.

Now this is something I've DREAMT of long before I ever saw FT. Assuming
you don't want eye contact to take the place of real time com, this
takes a
lot of folk...

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] OODA for FT Next: Re: Re: [GZG] OODA for FT