Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] OODA Next: Re: [GZG] OODA

Re: [GZG] OODA

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:47:27 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] OODA

On 11/8/06, John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> My impressions of Picquet, fair or unfair, are entirely based on one
> demo game where I had a pack of peasants that basically stood there
> while my enemy ran them down. Wouldn't even fire their bows, because
> in Picquet, it apparently takes hours to reload bows if the right card
> doesn't come up, and there are cards which force you to shoot your
> bows even if there are no enemies anywhere in sight except those
> knights on the other side of the river at approximately twice
> effective bow range.

I have Piquet and have read two of the rules books (the main book, and
the WW2 book). I haven't played more than one or two demo games, so
someone else can comment.

My understanding is that you should have had Opportunity Fire chits
available, so that your peasants could have fired as the enemy
advanced.

And I don't think you are required to use any particular card. If you
turn over the Attack card and there's no one to attack except the
aforementioned knights, you burn a point to turn over a new card.

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] OODA Next: Re: [GZG] OODA