Prev: [GZG] OODA Next: Re: [GZG] OODA

Re: [GZG] OODA

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:53:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] OODA

like it. Might be interesting to try something like that for the ships
as well. I don't know whether a simple change in nomenclature would
suffice (something like "Actions"), but it might.

  Best regards,
  Ken

laserlight@verizon.net wrote:
  Thinking about a discussion of UGO IGO and turn-based games...I'd like
to have a game which takes into account the reaction times of the
different units--reaction time meaning OODA loops.
Now, in something like FT, and easy way to implement this would be
impulses (but I should call them "turns" instead of "impulses" or the
"Death to SFB" crowd will break out their pitchforks and torches).
Nelson might be able to write orders every 3 impulses; Suffren every 4;
Byng might only be able to write orders every 8 impulses. To some
extent, your OODA speed would be a function of your navy's training, so
most NAC commanders are, say about a 4....but you will still get a few
5's and 3's.

This would affect maneuvering, and possibly changing targets; it
wouldn't affect your ROF against a current target.

Comments? And any ideas on how to apply it in a StarGrunt-like context?

Prev: [GZG] OODA Next: Re: [GZG] OODA