Prev: Re: [GZG] Point Systems Next: [GZG] Power Projection Demo

Re: [GZG] DS2 TO&E and "reflex gun"

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:53:21 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] DS2 TO&E and "reflex gun"

From: "Mark & Staci Drake" <markandstaci@charter.net>
> Eric,
> How did the reflex gun work in FT??

I don't remember the specifics, it was a one-off thing that somebody
cooked
up for that particular scenario.  I remember it being a fixed point
weapon
that rotated with the planet or moon that they simulated by saying it
changed hexes once every X number of turns that it could fire on.  I
don't
remember it being area-effect enough that it could stop fighters (and
indeed, I wound up taking it out with a single fighter dropping into
atmosphere to shut it down, IIRC) but I don't think it ever missed.  It
did
like... 2d6 damage, I think.  Not insignificant for FT2, and enough that
the
scenario runners told me afterwards that most of their playtests had the

side evacuating the scientists winning because of it and they'd actually

nerfed it a little for that.  It wasn't good enough that the opposition
flying their two highest firepower ships off the table didn't basically
kill
their shot at winning in the actual con game though.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Point Systems Next: [GZG] Power Projection Demo