Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] SSD bits Next: Re: [GZG] Point Systems

Re: Base Sizes (was Re: Re: [GZG] New game mechanics (was: Re: Name for Rules))

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 23:14:34 -0600
Subject: Re: Base Sizes (was Re: Re: [GZG] New game mechanics (was: Re: Name for Rules))

On 11/4/06, David Billinghurst <davebill@clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Flames of War basing is 32mm x 25mm (1 1/4"x 1") for 1 - 3 miniatures
and
> 50mm x 32mm (2" x 1 1/4") for infantry teams of 4 - 5 minatures, and
> man-packed gun teams.

Thanks, David!

> I have some 15mm GZG fire teams based up on FoW sized bases and as an
> experiment I've taken photos of them and some unpainted minis on 30mm
x 30mm
> and 25mm x 25mm paper bases as a comparison.	If you'd like a look at
the
> photos (assuming they come out ;) ), let me know and I'll e-mail them
> you.

I'd like to see them, yes!

I did a quick check of DS2 and found that it lists figures need to be
based, but do not specify the size of the bases. That might be the way
for Jon to go, just not really push any base size scheme, but perhaps
list several suggested sizes (FOW being one of them).

I haven't purchased any (yet!) but Litkco Aerosystems is highly
regarded on The Miniatures Page for their bases. They sell laser cut
wooden bases, metal bases, and magnetic bases. Their stuff is
reasonably priced. They make pretty much any size you can think of.

The URL is: http://www.litkoaero.com/mini_bases.php

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] SSD bits Next: Re: [GZG] Point Systems