Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest? Next: RE: [GZG] Mercs and "Realism"

Re: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest?

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:53:43 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest?

It'll be a huge change--you'll be able to find all the rules in ONE
book!
There will be some tinkering (such as "p torps don't require a dedicated
FCS"), some new systems (such as grasers and EMP beams), and some things
which will probably be seen as major changes.

>Quick reminder: if you don't want to hunt down playtesters to submit
AAR's (though Chris is OBVIOUSLY very available)

Particularly for reviews of the Islamic Fed...

>you can probably still post on the forum-in-developement

Or post them here, and someone will forward them to the playtest list.
That would be my preference, anyway, but I'm one of those dinosaurs who
only use fora when I absolutely have to.

>Likewise, SM's can STILL be monsters if you are flying at less than
>centimeter-MUs-on-a-standard-tabletop, no-running-off-the-edges speeds.

And if you're the one launching them...it still hurts to think about
those all those missiles which *nearly* homed in on John's capital
ship--but instead oblliterated a DD which was 1/4" closer.

>Even general comments on playarea in MU's, shape of playarea, speeds,
and the like help.

particularly starting speeds

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest? Next: RE: [GZG] Mercs and "Realism"