Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest? Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest?

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:36:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest?

Chris wrote on 10/23/2006 09:37:31 AM:

> >I hear rumors that there's a new version of FT in the
> >works. Is there any playtesting going on right now?  James
>
> Playtesting is under way for new rules for fighters, anti-
> fighter weapons, turn sequence, fire controls, and other
> stuff. You can see new weapons and fleet proposals at
> http://www.star-ranger.com/UNSCpreview.htm and the linked
> pages for the other fleets. Note that these are BETA TEST
> versions--final versions may be different.

Ok, so far, FTIII isn't a huge change as far as rules go? I realize no
guarantees, but what I'm hearing is the testing is mainly of new systems
using current play mechanics.

Heck, FTII to 2.5 had some semi-major changes, such as the change in
fire
arcs.

> ****Please play these Beta designs**** against the
> standard fleets and give us an After Action Report. AARs
> should not just be "Islamic Feds rule!" or "UN sucks!",
> but an actual description of what ships were on each side,
> the course of the battle, what you liked and disliked. If
> you can keep track of die rolls, that would be great--
> we've had some test battles that made one side look way
> too powerful, simply because one player had really hot
> dice that day.

Quick reminder: if you don't want to hunt down playtesters to submit
AAR's
(though Chris is OBVIOUSLY very available), you can probably still post
on
the forum-in-developement at www.plaidtuna.com/gzg. I set up some AAR
suggested guidelines, and no playtester has puked yet. However, at the
moment, the connection is timing out for me.

> Be aware that some weapons--UN grasers and ORC EMP beams,
> for instance--feel too powerful when you're the one being
> shot at, but too weak when you're the one trying to use them.

Likewise, SM's can STILL be monsters if you are flying at less than
centimeter-MUs-on-a-standard-tabletop, no-running-off-the-edges speeds.
Even general comments on playarea in MU's, shape of playarea, speeds,
and
the like help.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest? Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest?