Prev: RE: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:27:29 +0300
Subject: Re: Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On 10/9/06, laserlight@verizon.net <laserlight@verizon.net> wrote:

> They've got to dismount some time. To clear abatis and "mines", for
instance, which is what those plates were for. Maybe pick off a PL or
PSGT if we're lucky, but at least force the tanks to button, deploy
infantry, mill around and delay. And if you nail the marskmen...so what?
They're civlians, it makes the Arrows look bad and it costs me nothing.

OK, if you put metal plates in the middle of a hardball road, it
doesn't look like mines to me.	It looks like metal plates in the
middle of a hardball road.  I'm a Combat Engineer with almost 2 years
in combat, not a Russian conscript private driving a tank I can't see
out of.

I might rake them with a machine gun to be sure, but that's about it.

There are ways you can make it look like a fake IED, but I'm not going
into TTP in an open forum, thank you.

John
--Vita Aureliani