Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

Re: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:38:47 +0400
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

On 9/27/06, laserlight@verizon.net <laserlight@verizon.net> wrote:

> >However, futuristic full armour probably gives pretty good protection
versus short bursts of flame, thereby preventing the sort of horrific
burns you'd otherwise get.

> Remember that many troops are not wearing full coverage.
> And even if the armor does give full coverage, it might be a plastic
that burns and melts...

Highly unlikely.

The US is already (slowly) transitioning to Nomex coveralls for all
personnel on missions.	We are quite aware that burns are one of the
primary types of injury inflicted on the modern battlefield.  As they
put it, all IED blasts involve a fireball.

I have a hard time believing that armies 200 years in the future are
going to be less capable than today.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?