Prev: Re: [GZG] Acceleration Next: RE: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships?

RE: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships?

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:39:43 +1000
Subject: RE: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships?

G'day,

> Who has players that the organic ships in their gaming groups?

When Tassie still had a strong FT group we did (changin life
circumstances has seen it tail off here in recent times).

> If so how do those ships go in games against other types?

At first everyone whinged then they learned and it became as even as for
any other fleet. Having said that we used FB2 designs with few if any
homebrew designs (which are what chucked up problems for other groups as
I understand it).

> Or are the organic
> ships not pupular because the power allocation thing is too
complicated?

Power allocation was never really an issue here. We didn't find it
complicated, the biggest potential issue was the time spent deciding
what to do, but as we already had a "fast game is a fun one" attitude so
rules writing wasn't allowed to be painfully slow as people second
guessed their decisions endlessly, if they took too long they lost their
beer/snacks.... ;)

Beth

Prev: Re: [GZG] Acceleration Next: RE: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships?