Prev: Re: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships? Next: RE: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships?

Re: [GZG] Acceleration

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:16:12 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Acceleration

Laserlight wrote:

>The list is too quiet and I'm trying my hand at writing, so looking for

>some informed input here.
>Does anyone here have any comments on what reasonable acceleration
limits
>might be?
>Thinking of using a magnetic or perhaps gravitic accelerator to boost a

>Full Thrust missile, so the main questions are:
>
>a) would the mag fields involved in throwing the missile be likely to
>screw up the missile sensors / hardware? If so, can we get around that
>with some (mild/moderate/major?) modifications to the missile package?
Is
>something likely to melt?

If your missiles were built to be launched from a magnetic or gravitic
launcher, there shouldn't be any problem. If they were not, you're
probably
better off building new missiles from scratch than trying to modify old
ones to fit the new launcher.

>b)what kind of physical accelaration can a missile reasonably be
expected
>to stand?

We can manage several hundred g today... tomorrow we should be able to
do
better still.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships? Next: RE: [GZG] who uses organic tech ships?