Prev: Re: [GZG] Historicon Next: RE: [GZG] Computers are a pain

Re: [GZG] Historicon

From: "Derek Rogillio" <derek@r...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:50:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Historicon

On 7/23/06, Jerry Acord <acord@imagiware.com> wrote:
> Mark Kinsey wrote:
>
> > It seemed empty compared to this years Cold Wars, and I thought
> > Historicon was supposed to be bigger.
>
> Yes and yes...  I don't think I've ever had as much elbow room at an
> HMGS-East con (but I don't generally go to Fall In!, just Cold Wars
and
> Historicon).	I only went on Saturday, however, and heard it was more
> packed on Thursday and Friday ("Does that seem right to you?") (just
> watched the Firefly bounty-hunter episode last night).
>
> Good seeing some of the ECC-ers there, as always, and looking forward
to X.

Hi Jerry,

It was good to see both you and Damond there.  I'm definitely looking
forward to ECC!

I was there Wednesday night all the way through Sunday afternoon.
Overall, it seemed less crowded on Saturday than it did on Friday.  I
don't know why that was the case, but it certainly seemed that way to
me.

On the other hand, I think some of the feeling of spaciousness
compared to Cold Wars comes from the amount of additional space used
by Historicon.	Cold Wars doesn't use the Wheatfield room, the
showroom, or the any of the other upstairs rooms other than the
Lampeter.    At any given time there are quite a few additional games
in those rooms.  Also, there are a couple of rooms downstairs that
aren't used for Cold Wars.  My gut feeling is that it was a good bit
larger than Cold Wars but was smaller than previous Historicons.

Either way, I had a blast!  I am officially gamed out for the next 24
hours!

-Derek

Prev: Re: [GZG] Historicon Next: RE: [GZG] Computers are a pain