Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad... Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:05:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

> One of the fundamental problems with a web forum is that everyone is
> forced to read the discussion the way the software author intended.
> Personally I think SquirrelMail is a horrible email client, but I'm
not
> trying to stop you from using it if that's what you want to do.

I don't view that as a fundamental problem, unless the interface is
horrid
which is something I strive hard to make sure I don't produce.

As for email clients, I've used worse.

> I can't stop you from proceeding with this destructive course. I can
and
> will say that I will not use any proposed forum unless it is also
> accessible by SMTP or NNTP. (No forum author offers this capability;
> pretty user icons are clearly much more important than
interoperability.
> Most of them are too busy reinventing NNTP and making the same
mistakes
> that were made twenty or thirty years ago.)

Destructive? Bit harsh. This is ment as a constuctive endevour to bring
MORE people into the discussion. I'm acutally really surprised how hard
core some people are seeming with their email. It's the complete opposet
I'm used to seeing.

Jaime