Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: RE: [GZG] [LST] Yahoo group; official?

Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

> Um, well the GZG forum under question is one of those most primitive
ones
> then. Every post in a "thread" is listed in chronological order with
no
> indication of which post it's a reply to, and hence no branching and
no
> way to follow just one thread out of the many that may arise from a
single
> starting post.

Ah, I see we have a different definition of threading then. Then by your
definition yes, forums don't do that kind of threading. In fact, I'm
glad
they don't. I find that kind of branching discussion the most annoying
possible. That's what starting a new thread is for once the idea is
brought up.

>> I find email having the most annoying non threading.
>
> Depends entirely on your e-mail client. It's one of the major failings
in
> several mail clients and webmail services (including Gmail which is
ironic
> as Google Groups has a fully threaded view) but not all.

See abouve on my view of "threaded" discussions

Jaime

Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: RE: [GZG] [LST] Yahoo group; official?