Prev: Re: Anyone out there??? Next: [GZG] WHOA! Reply, instead, to this [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad...

[LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad...

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:33:30 -0500
Subject: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad...

A forum on/attached to the GZG site would be a powerful tool for the new
customer, and I certainly can understand Jon's interest in it. Probably
inevitable.

I'll be sticking, in the main, with the mail list, but I think it's
likely
all the excitement will move to the forum, and the list will eventually
die. My participation has been mainly as gadfly, so relatively little
loss,
but I doubt that I'll be taking sufficient effort to frequent the forum
nearly as much as I do here.

Has any thought been given to moderation of discussions? Repetition on
the
mail list is too common, but less noticable than on forums where
fourteen
topics can be all having the same discussion, and offensive content
tends
to stay forever.

Please remember I was involved with an attempt at a forum+ for GZG;
after
my failures,I think there needs to be a strong and committed, guiding
force. Jon or Paul may be that force, but I'm not sure they want to be
that
hands on.,

The_Beast