Prev: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?) Next: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

RE: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:27:23 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

Another issue with directional damage, is that the system HAS to become
more complex.  You either have to modify the SSD and start to approach
Star Fleet Battles (ew!) or do something similar.  It's fine to say that

the Mk 14 Pulselaser turret can be hit from the directions that it can
fire through, but where's the fire con located?  How about the
hyperdrive?

Another way to PSB the random damage is that the component doesn't have
be directly destroyed.	It could be a spike in the power conduits,
sliced
fire control link, or any other "collateral damage" explanation.
Otherwise, how could the damage control parties repair things? ;)

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University