Prev: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:46:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

On 7/7/06, Hugh Fisher <laranzu@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> I really like the Full Thrust threshold checks as opposed
> to just about every other critical hit system I've ever
> seen because they don't occur very often.

I prefer the system in _Silent Death_, myself. It's major failing is
that critical hits are very predictable.

One thing that bugs me about Full Thrust is the fact that you can be
attacked primarily from one direction and lose the weapons on the
other side of the ship. I know people have PSB to cover it, and I know
there is no easy fix to the problem.

(Funny enough, I don't have that much of a problem with it in Full
Steam, but beams don't "plunge" into a specific part of a ship.)

I've never been crazy about the break point idea. A ship takes a
pounding but is fully functional until it loses that one point on a
hull row... and then, bang!, it loses all its weapons. Again, no easy
way to fix it, and it is a big part of FT. It just bugs me.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)