Prev: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: "McCarthy, Tom \(xwave\)" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:28:22 -0400
Subject: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

>> snip

It's rock/scissors paper time.

Put them up against K'rvak or P-torps.

I accept rock/paper/scissors because it costs me no time and money to
win or lose because of an incorrect choice before the game starts.

When a choice involves spending $400 CAN on models, 12 hours to clean
and assemble and 12 hours to paint and base them, 2 hours to make up the
forces and scenarios, and 4 hours to play the game, I don't like losing
because of a rudimentary fleet design decision (ref.  ECC Can/Am FT
battle).

And I sure don't want the next printing of FB1 to say, "These are the
four major powers of the FT universe.  Given equal point values, expect
NSL to beat NAC 90% of the time, FSE to beat NSL 90% of the time, ESU to
beat FSE 90% of the time, and ESU to beat NAC 90% of the time.	If you
only have one opponent, good luck figuring out which two fleets out of
this book to buy."

Prev: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam