Prev: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:00:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

On Jul 6, 2006, at 8:50 AM, McCarthy, Tom ((xwave)) wrote:

> Armour can be a very effective way to keep a ship at full strength
> for a
> very long time.  Some NSL ships require about 3/4 of their sum of hull
> and armour boxes destroyed in order to force the second threshold
> check.
> It's a bit excessive, and I think most of those ships, rebuilt
> under FB2
> rules, would play better with a bit more hull and a bit less armour
> (and
> by play better, I mean 'be a foe that opponents feel they have an
> equal
> chance to beat').

I would disagree. The big armor layers on the NSL are a thing of
beauty for KV gunners.
For other opponents, the NSL heavy armor recommends more maneuvering
to get into more favorable arcs. It's never been a good idea to go
head-on with an NSL battle wall. But get behind one...

---

“I could have gone on flying through space forever.” – Yuri
Gagarin

Prev: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam