Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: [GZG] A cool sci-fi font

Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:52:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: "James Hiegel"
> The strength of FT is its generic structure (most new players are
> surprised that you can design your own ship) and its simplicity (I can

> teach a brand new player how to play in less time that it takes to
play a
> 1000pt Warhammer 40K game).

I agree--see http://mysite.verizon.net/laserlight/ft_lite.pdf for my
one-page introduction to Full Thrust. However, simplicity can be taken
too
far--you want your game to simulate reality, even if it's just an
imagined
reality. If it doesn't do that, you might as well just just flip a coin
decide who wins instead of going to all the time and trouble to set up a
bad
game. (I'm thinking of a Napoleonic naval game whose rules made it well
nigh
impossible to use a line of battle--just the opposite of what you'd
expect).

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: [GZG] A cool sci-fi font