Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:28:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: "Peter Thoenen"
> - Lots of folk want ECM, jammers, uber homing complicated missles.
Its
> call Star Fleet Battles, play it.

That turns out not to be the case.
The main change we are discussing is "when do missiles launch--before or

after ships move?" That's pretty simple.
I don't recall a specific set of ECM rules being proposed but it need
not be
complicated. "Each salvo rolls Xd6 for lock on, reduced by Yd6 for ECM,
where X and Y are 1 / 2 / 3 for basic, enhanced, and superior systems."

> of possible enemy fleet movement does wonders.  Think of WWI Torpedo
> Boat barrages (as I think of SM's).

That's fine, and SM do act pretty much like that, but some of us want
the
missiles to behave like, well, missiles. You know, the whole "homing on
target" thing.

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update