Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Re: [GZG] [DSII] Vehicle desgn question

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:01:34 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Vehicle desgn question

Roger Books wrote:

>I'm trying to design an MICV for use in both Stargrunt abd Dirtside.  I
want
>to carry 8 spaces of troops, have a class 2 DFFG, and have the default
APSW
>replaced by one that can be remote controlled so it still functions
when the
>vehicle is surpressed.
>
>Does this violate the max of three weapons on a size class 3 vehicle?
>(DFFG, remote APSW, 2 units of infantry).

Nope. DS2 p.11 explicitly states both that the "free" APSW does not
count
towards the maximum number of weapons AND that it is "on an external
remote
mounting", so your vehicle is perfectly legal in DS2.

As far as I can see SG2 doesn't specify any maximum number of weapons;
the
only limit appears to be the capacity used. Since you're using 15
capacity
points (assuming a turreted DFFG/2, otherwise it'd be less) in a Size/3
vehicle, I reckon the vehicle is legal in SG2 as well.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update