Prev: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Vehicle desgn question

Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:55:20 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

>From: john tailby
>These rules just seem to make missiles a no brainer.
<snip>
>These weapons look very complicated.

Is it just me, or do these two sentences really not got together?

I haven't tried this variation yet but I have tried similar, and there's
really not a problem. Missiles *should* be target seekers; if you want
something where you just toss it out there and hope something wanders
within range, that's more like mines.

You do have to adjust the PDS rules but you have to do that anyway, due
to the Great Fighter Imbalance Problem (which we won't rehash here). So
in your example, the NSL ship doesn't waste its anti-ship fire on the
FSE ship; instead it shoots down more missiles.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Vehicle desgn question