Prev: Re: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions. Next: Re: Re: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missilequestions.

Re: Re: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:20:38 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

>To acually answer your question, most of the ships have wider than
1-arc weapon mounts.  Common patterns are 3-arc weapons overlapping F,
4-arc weapons overlapping F and A, or 5-arc weapons overlapping
120-degrees each broadside.

If your strongest arcs are FP F FS, I'd expect you to try to close on
your target and vice versa, so it turns into a head-on (more or less)
pretty quickly. But it sounds as if your firepower might be pretty
evenly spread.

>Any limits to where the marker is moved, such as arcs or turning
limits/rates?

On the first turn it has to go in the launcher's covered arc. In the
second turn, I'd say it can go anywhere.

>On the second turn, is the player required to maneuver the salvo
against the original target

No--you may have a target in mind but you don't have to announce it.

>Can the SM marker turn around and chase down targets that overflew it?

Yes.

> Can a player intentionally shoot at a target out of range so as to get
the salvo on a target next turn at the same time as a new salvo from the
same launcher, effectively doubling his throw weight?

Yes, although your opponent knows the first missile is out so actually
hitting with that first missile is a bit tricky.