Prev: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding Next: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding

Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding

From: "John Brewer" <jbrewer@w...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 00:30:22 GMT
Subject: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding

Huscarl Agren, the government, & the citizens of the Midgard Herding, we
offer greetings.

To your most gracious offer of mining output and trade, we offer our
most gracious thanks.

>From the name of your union, we infer that your ethnic identity
originates from Northern Europe near the region of Scandinavia.  If we
infer incorrectly, we beg your forgiveness.

And if we recall correctly, Scandinavia boasts a storied history of
fielding nation states whose religious identity has been predominately
Protestant.  If we infer incorrectly, we again beg your forgiveness.

It is the stated doctrine of the Patrimonium Petrl to form alliances,
share resources, & offer protection, towards nations whose religious
identity is predominately Catholic.  Our detractors cite this doctrine
as yet another example of a perceivably arrogant Catholic chauvinism.

The reality, in fact, is somewhat more pragmatic.

Thanks to our resource alliances with the LLAR, Confederation of Celtic
States, & New Irish Republic, the Papel High Guard boasts of a fleet
nearly as large as the FSE.  But for all our perceived strength, our
abilities, unlike God's Grace, is not infinite.  Therefore, we must be
judicious with whom we make alliances with, or run the risk of becoming
overextended.  And we choose to ally primarily with nations of whom are
less likely to misconstrue our ministrations as having a surreptitiously
evangelical subtext.

In short, the Patrimonium Petrl cannot be the universes' policeman -
that's what the UNSC is for.

However...

It is the stated doctrine of our good & benevolent neighbor, the Common
Republic, that they do not condone FSE adventurism in their backyard -
and since system LTT 11262 lies a mere 3.7 parsecs from the Holy See of
the Patrimonium Petrl, we are - in this regard - of the same mind.

But seeing as the Common Republic is an independent client state that
trades extensively with the FSE, as well as provides 2nd & 3rd line
designs to their navy, we surmise that they would be extremely reluctant
to respond FSE incursions with military force, prefering to resolve the
imbroglio through more peaceful - and potentially lengthy - diplomatic
negotiations.

On the other hand, the Patrimonium Petrl possesses no such reluctance.

Therefore, let us assure the government & citizens of the Midgard
Herding that if the FSE should be so rash as to attempt an adventure
that is detrimental to the operation of the mining interests of LTT
11262...

...And let us all pray to Almighty God that such an unfortunate
situation never occure...

...We would be obliged to offer the embattled miners & administation
staff of LTT 11262 the "opened hand of the Risen Christ."

Just as it is our duty...

(And we will let you in on a little secret)

...It is our PLEASURE to visit upon the blind & arrogant adventurers a
Holy & most Sanctified retribution wrought by the "Mailed Fist of GOD!!"

Yours in Christ,
Julius III
Pontif, Patrimonium Petrl
Vicar of the Fleet
"Hey, we KNOW we're goin' to Heaven - How about YOU?!"

JBrewer@webtv.net

"Always strive to be a good person.  If you can't do that, at least
strive to be someone other than an asshole."