Prev: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions... Next: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

Re: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:29:16 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

> > From: <laserlight@verizon.net>
> >
> > >Can salvo missile attack fighters (other than by possibly taking
some with
> > > them when they go pop)?
> >
> > Not unless you house-rule an anti-fighter missile warhead. I'd
consider that a
> > waste of a salvo.
>
> I suppose there *could* be times when taking out a fighter squadron is
a higher priority, but in general I would agree.  Plus as you note, all
they really would have to do is burn some END to get out of the way. The
main issue was whether or not fighters could "force" normal SMs to
target them by moving between the salvoes and the capital ships. Glad
the answer is no.  ;-)

   It would be nice if SM's could attack fighters though.

   Perhaps something like buying special "anti-fighter" SM's.  Give them
double
 final attack range.  If they reach a fighter group, they attack
immediately.
 Fighters may choose to ignore the missiles, or shoot at them.
Surviving
 fighters that ignored the missiles may attack or move normally.
Fighters
 shoot down the missiles as the current rules.	Roll for number of
missiles
 that engage.  Each missile that survives and engages, kills a fighter.

   Anti fighter SM's attack ships normally, but only do one point of
damage per
 missile that survives.

   If you wanted to increase fighter defenses, you could make them "half
space"
 SM's, so that two anti-fighter salvo's would fit in the space of one
regular
 salvo.

   Outfit a carriers escort's with some of these, and they can break up
the
 enemy attack waves while the carrier conducts operations.

   Go really nuts, and you could allow these SM's to attack regular SM
waves as
 well.

   grant

Prev: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions... Next: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...