Prev: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions... Next: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

From: wscottfield@c...
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:04:21 +0000
Subject: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

> From: <laserlight@verizon.net>
>
> >Can salvo missile attack fighters (other than by possibly taking some
with
> > them when they go pop)?
>
> Not unless you house-rule an anti-fighter missile warhead. I'd
consider that a
> waste of a salvo.

I suppose there *could* be times when taking out a fighter squadron is a
higher priority, but in general I would agree.	Plus as you note, all
they really would have to do is burn some END to get out of the way. The
main issue was whether or not fighters could "force" normal SMs to
target them by moving between the salvoes and the capital ships. Glad
the answer is no.  ;-)

> From: Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
> > >When a ship must take threshold checks due to EMP/Ion
> > beam hits, are those threshold checks tied to the ship's
> > current damage level?
>
> Star Ranger's Ion Cannons roll at 'the target ships next threshold
level',
> if this was considered for beta submissions. Do the beta versions hit
> individual systems, and not, on each hit, roll against all systems? I
think
> that's the way Dean's work.

OK, so if a ship is on it's second damage row and takes two Ion Cannon
hits, it makes two checks for each affected system, system fails on a
1-2? (Or a 5-6 if you're using high-roll-fails.)  What about on it's
last row? Fail on a 1-3, or a 1-4?!  Sorry to be anal; just making sure
I've got it right.

Thanks again,
Scott

Prev: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions... Next: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...