Prev: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:16:38 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

Actually I always had it in my mind that things were the other way
around. That the SK got chucked out for not following the nutters. I
guess I had in mind something more in Khalificate of Saladin, learned,
tolerant (excepting Crusading nutters) and just keeping the lid on it's
own ratbags.

Tony.

Brian Burger wrote:

> If we're going with the "IF are on the far side of Known Space, and
> have a fairly live-and-let-live attitude toward NI and the rest of the

> powers" GZGverse, how about this for a bit of a backstory:
>
> The IF underwent a massive internal revolt/Reformation/whatever
> sometime in the 2100s[1]; the SK is the old hardcore mullahs with
> 'death-to-everyone' attitudes who got chucked out, while the actual IF

> is relatively more liberal (for some value of "liberal") and has a
> much finer grasp of realpolitik WRT the other powers.
>
> Translated into basest possible terms: this IF would still have raving

> nutters, but they don't run the *entire* show, and the SK has a much
> higher percentage of raving
> nutters...(the IF's real raving nutters would tend to defect to the
SK, anyway)