Prev: Re: [GZG] Dirtside2 (and others) - Alternates for counters Next: Re: [GZG] Dirtside2 (and others) - Alternates for counters

Re: [GZG] Dirtside2 (and others) - Alternates for counters

From: "Derek Rogillio" <derek@r...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:36:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Dirtside2 (and others) - Alternates for counters

> The simplest solution to this is to have a a sheet of paper with a
> box marked on it for each unit, and put the relevant counters for
> that unit on the unit's box. The downside is that of course you have
> to keep cross-referring between the unit on the table and the sheet,
> but that's true of any system that does not use on-table markers
> (which is of course exactly why we use them in the rules!)  ;-)

Jon,

Don't get me wrong ... I *like* the mechanics of the system.  I'm just
not
wild about the paper clutter on the battlefield and am looking for a way
replace it.  I have played other games where people have come up with
innovative ways to replace their counters with other symbolic markers,
either on the base or as separate miniatures.

For example, in Crossfire I base a wounded figure on a tiny circular
stand.
When a squad is pinned, I place this miniature next to them.  It serves
the
same purpose as a counter but doesn't look as out of place in the
terrain.
I was wondering if anyone had come up with something like this for DS2.

--
Derek A. Rogillio
derek at rogillio dot net