Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:54:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

Chris wrote on 04/17/2006 10:31:40 AM:

> Anyone got a major emotionial investment in the SK? The Islamic Fed
> is a bit too far away from New Israel to be a threat, and it's going
> to be awkward to move the IF. However, AFAIK no one has done
> anything with the Khalifate, so it should be okay for us to put them
> close by New Israel. And that would put the SK far enough away from
> the IF to be safe from them, and possibly close enough to the ESU to
> be a nuisance.
> Objections?

No investment or objections to the above, but a very small one to some
of
other associate posts, perhaps represented by a throw-off comment the
near
great Winchell made:

>      No, the dashed lines (with one exception) indicate
>      where two empires clash, that is, where a line
>      starting at a star belonging to one empire directly
>      connects to a star belonging to a neighbor empire.

Just wanted to point out that, rare as it happens, there ARE such things
as
friendly borders. I'd find it interesting in any campaign I'd generate,
and
would like to keep the possibility free from canon, the possibility that
the NI and IF could be the rare case of someone learning from the past,
and
actually be non-combative.

Sorry, I always said I was the token liberal, if not Pollyanna, of the
list.

BTW, how many in the US are clueless-without-Google on Pollyanna? I was
recently surprised how much it was no longer a cultural icon. Please,
only
those who DON'T know...

The_Beast

Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate