Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [FT] NAC campaign setup Next: [GZG] [OT] Playtest list messages getting through?

Re: [GZG] [OT] Ship Names

From: Daniel Casquilho <danielc@e...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 18:17:38 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Ship Names

>Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:28:25 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Michael Robert Blair <pellinoire@yahoo.com>
>Subject: [GZG] [OT] Ship Names
>To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
>
>  Way off topic but possibly amusing.
>
> My father was reminiscing about the ships he had served on when one in
particular was mentioned - the Sulaco!

> Not the one in Aliens but an old banana boat.
> http://iancoombe.tripod.com/id14.html
>
> I imagine any navy types get a similar sensation of 'What!' whenever
their ship is mentioned in SF, whether it is Star Trek or anything else.

>  Michael

It is funny. I can imagine, like you, that real navy types must feel
some kind of "What?" when they hear the names in SciFi.

Thanks for sharing.

dafrca

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [FT] NAC campaign setup Next: [GZG] [OT] Playtest list messages getting through?