Prev: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC News - Comments and Ideas requested Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] NAC campaign setup

Re: [FT]Stupid graphic tricks Re:[GZG] [FT] NAC campaign setup

From: Zoe and Carmen Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:51:31 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT]Stupid graphic tricks Re:[GZG] [FT] NAC campaign setup

laserlight@verizon.net wrote:
>>Oh, quick question: these still exclude class M? Forgive me for not
being able to tell just by looking.

> Anything not on the map belongs to the AE and/or OU :-)

Exactly.

The main reason for "the OU claims all the useless M type stars" is so
that no-one would get sneaky and start making secret naval bases "off
map" in out-of-the-way places. They *all* get visited by OU patrol
vessels, putting out navigational, SAR and R&D satellites and such like.

A naval base can be constructed, the OU hasn't got the resources to
interfere, but it won't be a secret.

And if Side A's Naval Base gets constructed, usually the OU will offer
some anti-pirate and security patrols in Side B's hinterland, so side B
can come and beat up on it with the forces so released.

The OU can't stop anyone grabbing any of its claimed territory : but
they can and do make the costs outweigh the benefits.

But essentially it's a Plot Device to simplify the map, and provide PSB
for why the M class stars aren't included.

--
Zoe & Carmen Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Prev: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC News - Comments and Ideas requested Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] NAC campaign setup