Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-) Next: Please ignore previous on Knights... Re: Re: [GZG] [FT] NAC campaign setup

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:39:02 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

>  >Seriously, the main reason I haven't (yet) done 15mm versions of the
>>25s is that the style and methods of building the masters are very
>>different for metal 15s than resin 25s, ....
>
>Maybe a silly question, but why not do the 25mm resin as 15mm resin.
>Why do they need to go to metal?

Because resin production is slow, labour-intensive and a general pain
in the a*** compared with metal!
It's OK if you're set up to do almost everything in resin, as some
other small manufacturers are, but as 95% of what we produce now is
metal I decided not to go the resin route with the new 15s.
You can also do lots of cool stuff in metal that really wouldn't be
practical in resin!

Jon (GZG)

PS: Coming very soon in 15mm metals....

"Wombat II" hover APC
Heavy Gunsled (grav battle tank)
Assault Sled (grav APC)
Light Gunsled (grav recon tank/light weapons platform)
"OcTank" HABAT (Heavy Ambulatory BAttle Tank) - 8 legged walker MBT....!

Then I start work on the wheeled ones....  ;-)