Prev: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX Next: MORE Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

Re: [GZG] Timescales

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:27:17 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Timescales

On 3/20/06, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:44:24 +0100
> From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@telia.com>

> Yes, but note that this "one or even several minutes" discussion comes
> *before* the "If it is necessary ..." bit. The SG2 timescale section
> discusses the SG2 game turn as being nebulous, but this discussion
lands
> with a statement that the turn should - in those cases where it is
> important to know the "real-world" time elapsed - be treated as
> "approximately 5 minutes".

That's why there's debate about it. It's a matter of interpretation,
with regard to a contradictory piece of text. I'm pretty sure Jon has
said on the list that the game turn in SG2 doesn't represent an actual
fixed time period.

Oh, well.

> Ouch. Was it I that drove him away, or were there other reasons? :-(

There were other reasons.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX Next: MORE Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)