Prev: Re: [GZG] Satellite imagery Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 26

Re: [GZG] Satellite imagery

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:40:00 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Satellite imagery

Well, the exact PSB you decide to use isn't really that important.  At
some
point, one has to keep in mind that we're discussing a sci-fi future
where
the problem of how to travel faster than light -- which current physics
holds to be either impossible outside of maybe the outlandish theory of
dropping through a singularity of some sort and somehow managing to stay

alive in the process.  I would tend to say that if we're going to play
game
where this is not only a problem that's been solved but is made a
trivial
element that we can abstract into a given, it's a little silly to say
that
we won't also have developed a way to build spy satellites that doesn't
force us to still use giant physical glass lenses in the telescopes.