Prev: RE: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:14:55 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

   Hi guys,

     I agree, careful scenario design is always important to making sure
that
   all the players have a good time.  My "first blush" impression of the
DSIII
   rules though left me concerned that the possibility of long
firefights can
   throw the best planned scenario out the window.  A few shaken results
can
   throw the bulk of one (or more) player's forces under cover (which is
   mechanism that I like by the way).  If it normally takes a turn end
to get
   those forces moving again, a long firefight in the current turn can
leave
   that player (or players) effectively out of the game for long periods
of
   time.  As such, I'm thinking that an optional rule to limit firefight
length
   would be usefull in the appropriate settings (like a convention).
     I know it may seem to be overstating things, but we did see this
happen in
   the game we played.	One of of the players on our side did a bit in
the 1st
   half an hour and then had nothing to do for the next 2 hours.  He
fell
   asleep in his chair!  It wasn't John's scenario that was the problem,
it was
   just how the rules pushed things.  I'm just saying that that is
something to
   avoid if at all possible.

   grant