Prev: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm AT-ST sugegstions sought

Re: [GZG] Primers

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:31:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Primers

As a default, I use black.  Because black is forgiving of mistakes, and
it
allows me to give a quick light-grey drybrushing to highlight all of the

details for my incresingly aged eyes.

White, I use for things that I know are going to be either entirely
bright
colors, or actually white.

But when I'm able, I like to cheat.

For units, I like to use a primer that's close to the final color of the

miniatures.  My first Ogre army, for example, was primed in flat red
because
the final paint scheme was black on red.  Those 25mm Partha figures that

I'll probably never finish painting?  Primed in Model Master's "Olive
Green", becuase that's the main color I was going to use on them.

It's a handy shortcut.	Heck, add in the so-called "Magic Wash"
technique,
and half of your painting is done for you....

  John

Prev: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm AT-ST sugegstions sought