Prev: [GZG] NAC - American style - new ships Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [SG2] Terrain layout

[GZG] FMA skirmish

From: "Derek A. Rogillio" <derek@r...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 22:59:43 -0500
Subject: [GZG] FMA skirmish

Hello all,

For those of you that I met at ECC, it was a pleasure.	I had a great
time!

I enjoyed everything that I played this weekend.  As it was my first GZG
con, I made it a point to get into all of the playtest games that I
could.	I was in the DS3 and FT3 playtests, as well as an FMAS game.

The FMAS game that I played in (Zombie Survival, Jerry Acord) was
excellent.  I really liked both the scenario and the rules, and kudos to
him for putting it together  Now that I am home and have had some time
to think, I'd like to adopt those rules in house and use them for a
variety of periods.  I think they're well suited and with some slight
modifications can be made to fit just about anything.

I was able to grab the playtest rules from 1999 in the list archives.
They are very similar to the rules Jerry used at the con.  However, I
have some issues and was wondering how others were handling them or if
they have been addressed in later playtest rules.

The rules are somewhat vague about the effect of a wound.  Jerry's rules
  reflected a wound as a loss of an action per activation with the
second wound being a kill.  Is this the way others are treating it as
well?

Has anyone put together any morale rules for FMAS yet?	The 1999 rules
allow for suppression, but in some cases there really needs to be
something scary enough to have a figure turn tail and run.

Is there anything that identifies what actions can be combined per
activation?  Each figure can make two actions per turn, but which ones
can be combined?  Can they make two movement actions, two firing
actions, or two close combat actions?

Finally, the close combat rules probably need some tweaking.  A single
opponent vs. multiple opponents is handles as a series of one on one
fights, each beginning and ending within a single figure's activation.
I would think that having multiple opponents would put a single figure
at a significant disadvantage ... more so than the 1999 rules allow for.
  Has this been changed in later rules, or has someone come up with
something on their own to modify it?

Once again, I had a great time at the con and look forward to next year.
  I'd like to get the FMAS system straight in my mind and run something
next year.  I was thinking it would be especially fun to modify it for
the WWI period and do some trench fighting.  At the very least, it would
be more fun than *actual* trench fighting :)

-Derek

Prev: [GZG] NAC - American style - new ships Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [SG2] Terrain layout